It’s that time of year to plan a trip to the Outdoor Pool Complex at the University of Alabama Student Recreation Center. The summertime comes with warm weather, and the best way to cool off this summer is by going for a swim. When you’re planning your pool day, make sure to check out the membership options and hours of operation.
The Outdoor Pool Complex is open only to the University of Alabama students, Student Recreation Center members, and guests during the summer. The pool complex is equipped with a lazy river, splash pad, kiddie pool, water slide, and the Bama Cabana for refreshments. Make sure to check the pool hours so you know how long you can enjoy yourself in the sun.
Outdoor Pool Complex Reminders
When you’re planning your trip to the Outdoor Pool Complex, make sure to keep these rules in mind:
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult that is 18 or older and has an active Student Recreation Center or Outdoor Pool Complex Membership.
- Children who are three and under are free.
- No outside food, drinks, gum, or coolers are allowed in the Outdoor Pool Complex; however, water and ice in plastic or metal containers are allowed.
- You can enjoy outside food and drinks at the picnic tables outside the complex entrance, by the parking lot.
- If food is purchased from the Bama Cabana, it must be kept in the designated eating area.
- Family-appropriate swimwear and clothing specifically designed for swimming are required.
- Revealing swimsuits or street clothes is not allowed.
- Swimwear with buckles, rivets, zippers, exposed metal, and other sharp objects are prohibited.
- Diaper-age children must wear plastic pants or swim diapers in pool areas.
- Inexperienced swimmers are encouraged to wear U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets.
- Children who need assistance swimming must be within arms reach of guardians.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool area unless they are Service Animals.
- The toddler pool is for children under six and is not lifeguarded.
- Every hour there is a 10-minute “safety” break for children aged 15 years and
- Children should exit the pool, relax, and use the restrooms.
- If there is lightning, the Outdoor Pool Complex will close for 30 minutes and only re-open 30 minutes after the last lightning strike is detected.
You may Also Like: Signs That Your Oil Needs To Be Changed
Plan A Trip To The Outdoor Pool Complex
If you’re ready to dive into a fun and refreshing pool, load your family into your Tuscaloosa Hyundai vehicle and head to the Outdoor Pool Complex. Make sure to pack plenty of sunscreen, towels, goggles, and floating devices so you enjoy your day at the pool. You can relax in the lazy or enjoy a snack at the Bama Cabana. You can also reserve the Outdoor Pool Complex if you’re planning an event; make sure to reach out to the Outdoor Pool Complex if you have questions about reserving the space.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.